Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I love delivering babies!

Last night I was reminded why I love my job so much and why I choose to leave my beautiful baby a couple times a week. It is still hard to leave Aidan even though I know I am leaving him in good hands and that I enjoy my job. So last night while we were sitting at work with not much going on we got a call saying an ambulance as coming in with a lady about to have a baby. Inside of me the excitement started!
When things like this happen I get that amazing adrenaline rush about the excitement about to happen. So we ran around setting up the room for delivery, the whole time I am secretly excited because I love the chance to deliver babies.
So was I ever excited when the patient arrived with delivery imminent. I love putting those gloves on and coaching a woman through the most amazing part of bringing a life into the world. Within 7 minutes of being there I delivered a sweet baby boy. i love the feeling of knowing I helped that woman and family through a very important time in their lives and I was hopefully able to make the experience a little better.Every time something like this happens at work I remember why I became a nurse and why I chose OB.
This also reminds me that one day I want to officially be delivering the babies, I just need that push to go back to school.

1 comment:

Chad and Jessica said...

Stephanie! This is Jessica Starkey...well, not Starkey anymore, but you know. Your little guy is SOOO adorable, and what a great job you have! Chad and I are expecting out first little one in the middle of July. We're having a boy too! I'm so glad you have a blog!