Sunday, May 10, 2009

My first Mother's Day

Today was my first official Mother's Day. And I'll say it did not quite turn out as I thought it would. First of all Anthony was on crutches and I had to help him get ready for work and then take him to work. I then spent the day taking care of Aidan which I expected to do. And while I was taking care of him he did the most amazing thing. I put him in his crib because he was fussy and I did not know what to do with him anymore and he just laid there and played for like 10 minutes. Then I gave him a little bottle and he passed out! He slept for 2 1/2 whole hours! Which was amazing.
Then I went and picked up Anthony and we decided to get pizza for dinner because I did not want to cook. I got Aidan ready for bed and laid him in his crib. he then talked for awhile and he fell asleep! I was in complete amazement. Not only did he put himself to sleep but he did it in his crib. This is the best Mother's Day gift I could have gotten. Now only if he sleeps for a good while in his crib. Fingers crossed. I also got some really nice cards from all of my family. So happy Mother's Day to everyone out there and I hope you enjoyed how you spent it now matter how small it was.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aidan is so cute!

Elizabeth said...

Aidan is so cute and sounds funny!